Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stupid

Isn't "You can't fix stupid" a well known phrase by comedian Ron White?

Yes, it is. Mine was "you can't ban stupid" before it was edited. But that was still to close to the other one, so I'll take the blame for lack of originality in headline writing. I'm also responsible for "Bill Cosby comes to UPAC," a headline that would win an award for stating the obvious if there was ever such a thing.

I noticed the unintended relation when I saw the phrase in print this morning with my face on it. And I don't look like comedian Ron White; I'm not half as funny as he is; and I can't drink half of what he does onstage.

So he can sue me for half of the $0.00 I made for writing the column.
It's the economy, stupid.
...
Ron White is playing the Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingston May 7 and 8 at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $47.75. Buy tickets at UPAC , 601 Broadway, Kingston or by calling (845) 339-6088; at the Bardavon, 35 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, or by calling (845) 473-2072; or online at http://www.ticketmaster.com/ or by calling. (845) 454-3388.

Visit http://www.upac.org/ for more information.